- Change your gauze every 30 minutes until any bleeding has stopped.
- Place cold towels or an ice bag to your face for the first 6-8 hours. Leave it on 15 minutes then off for 15 minutes.
- 24 hours after surgery, rinse mouth with warm salt water (1/2 tsp. of salt to a glass of warm water). Repeat this several times daily.
- Keep fingers and tongue away from socket.
- Following dental surgery it is normal to experience some discomfort. If medication has been prescribed, take as needed.
- A liquid or soft diet is advisable during the first 24 hours. Drink lots of fluids.
- No smoking, drinking out of a straw, or carbonated beverages for the first 48 hours.
- Return to the office if undue symptoms develop.
Tooth Colored Fillings
- Your cheek, tongue, or lips may be numb for several hours. Be careful not to chew or bite them. Avoid hot foods while numb.
- You may have some temperature sensitivity for a couple of weeks; this is normal. If the sensitivity continues longer than a few weeks, please call the office.
- Take Tylenol or Motrin for any discomfort.
- Let us know if your bite feels different when the numbness is gone.
- Whiteness of your gum tissue will go away with time.
- Remember that any time a tooth gets worked on there is a chance that the tooth may need a root canal.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call the office.